Why this training?
The annual appraisal interview? A mandatory affair for most of your employees and staff members. Precisely what you want to change, because an evaluation should be beneficial to both parties.
In the ‘Performance management’ training, managers in your organization learn how to best approach the evaluation of their employees. The result? Employees start the working year with renewed focus and drive and are prepared to further develop their competencies. And the managers? They are ready to work out a plan for support and guidance together with the employees.
Option 1: free registration within the organization
- One to three-day trajectory
- Beforehand: intake form and contracting
- Intermediate support via mail with assignment and app
- Optional: intervision sessions/Skype coaching afterwards
Option 2: embedded change trajectory
Same elements as with free registration, with the following possible extras:
- Intake with HR, CEO or management team
- Kick-off with the entire target group
- Support with communicating on this subject
- Training of the management team with support in function of their role in this process
- Personal support CEO
- Intermediate or post-training follow-up via intervision session/Skype coaching
Common thread throughout the training (one-day trajectory)
All participants are given the opportunity to prepare and practice interviews with their own employees. We provide a few simple conversation schemes and tips. All participants are given feedback from the trainer and the group. Throughout the day, everyone works on an individual action plan, with concrete intentions to experiment with, and apply, the content of the training.
Some of the themes that are discussed:
- How do I conduct a constructive evaluation and performance review? Which structure is best suited? How do I start? How do I end the conversation? And how much time should I set aside?
- How do I give clear feedback about the past period? And how do I deal with the reactions (resistance, denial, sadness, …) of my employee?
- How do I make clear agreements for the future which my employee is willing to meet?
- Is there room for feedback from the employee about me in this conversation? How do I deal with this? How do I make sure that the employee feels taken seriously?